Monday, September 9, 2013

Type Tasting


Ruth Rowland will be taking part in the Type Tasting Exhibition, run as part of the London Design Festival at the Victoria & Albert Museum. The exhibition and drop in workshops are ‘open to everyone with a love of letterforms’.

Ruth says “I submitted a piece of work for the exhibition, we had to choose a word that described London. I was drawn to the word 'expressive' as it reflects what I love most about London - its dynamic, ever-changing cultural scene. In addition, it's a term often used to describe the loose, gestural nature of much of my work. I like to experiment with mark making, tools can vary from the beautifully hand crafted ruling pen used here, to a piece of old stick from my mother's garden. Pens and brushes are the tools of my trade, I've been collecting them for years, I like the fact that each one has its own distinctive characteristics.”

If you’d like to see Ruth in action, the workshops take place on 14th and 15th September. Go here for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment