Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Food Poisoning

http://www.illustrationweb.com/LiamOFarrell


Liam O'Farrell illustrates an article on food poisoning for Business Jet Interiors International.
The key point of the piece was how easy it is to think that only low grade produce such as van burgers and greasy kebabs are the foods that carry harmful bacteria and viruses. Liam chose to illustrate a delicious plate of food placed next to a menu listing some dreadful food poisons, showing that good quality foods can also be harmful if prepared or stored badly. Liam says "It was an interesting project and for me this was a great opportunity to buy some pretty top nosh and get it all on expenses, which indeed I did...the initial brief called for oysters to be shown on the plate. I bought six and sketched up a few. The client soon abandoned them as they would not fit with the other foods chosen. 'Fantastic' I thought, so I promptly ate them. Three hours later I was brutally sick and spent the evening with my head in the loo. It reminded me of 'Roald Dahl's Tales of the Unexpected' and much amusement was had by all at my expense. I didn’t miss the deadline though."
The article can be seen here.
© 2013 UKIP Media & Events. All rights reserved.
Article published by kind permission of Business Jet Interiors International, January 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment