Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sarah Beetson wins Creative Review - Best In Book 2011








Sarah Beetson's success continues with the recent announcement that she has won the Creative Review Illustration Annual - Best in Book. Sarah is very excited at the news, her winning 5 entries are from her “I Dream In Celluloid” exhibition showing in London next week. Sarah says of the show:

"“I Dream In Celluloid” is my 4th solo exhibition, exploring the link between an obsession with film and how this affects my dreams. Each morning, I record the night’s dreamings via my dream sketchbook, where I have rediscovered memories from my childhood, my displaced identity and nationality, relayed interactions with friends, colleagues, relations and pets; both dead and alive, past and present. I'm discovering facts about the essence of my existence via my subconscious. I watch a movie every evening, and find elements from these films within my dreams. With support from RADF, the exhibition culminates in a series of larger fake movie posters, a short animation and a giant digitally printed, hand painted embellished quilt cover. It has toured The Gold Coast and Melbourne; Australia, London; UK and will go onto Ottawa; Canada in October 2011."

"I Dream In Celluloid" London opens on Wednesday 3rd August, 6-8pm @ The Brick Lane Gallery, as part of Art in Mind.

The exhibition runs 2nd - 15th August, open daily 1pm - 6pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment